Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Today, The Man From Addis Ababa Asked Me How I Had Been

On my afternoon constitutionals, I often wander over to the White House, located a hop, skip and a jump away from my offices. Today, while gazing upon the the seat of our nation's government, I and four other business-suited men spontaneously broke into a pitch-perfect (and fully harmonized), hummed rendition of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". Mine was the tenor part. It lasted all of three minutes, and ended as perfectly as it had began. As i gazed upon the gathered listeners, I spotted one of today's famously "troubled" youths. In his eye, there sat a single tear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the sort of thing I always try to start but everyone around me just pretends they don't hear and they walk away. Oh, you're so right about me being a dork! (Sob) What ever will I do...?